Tuesday, September 29, 2009

M5050 + M5512 leather and lace


DSC01202
Originally uploaded by ldanielle81
Pattern Description:
Tops and tunics have raglan sleeves, neckline, waistline elastic casings and ribbon bow; tops A, B have sleeves with elastic casing; top C has sleeves with ribbon casing; tunic D has sleeves with self ruffles; tunic E has sleeves with lace trim.

Pattern Sizing:
XSM -XLG: I used a medium for my sister

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes, with the exception of the lace

Were the instructions easy to follow?
OMG these were so easy and the whole thing only took 2 hours!

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
The quick and easy put together!

Fabric Used:
poly chiffon I got a year or so ago from Vogue Fabrics

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made:
I chopped off 3 inches from the hem of the shirt for the addition of the lace edging. I also used about 6-7" or so more elastic around the neck edge to accommodate my sis' shoulders, she wanted it to be and off the shoulder top. For the inside I used a black lace hem binding since the fabric is so sheer.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
I would highly recommend, especially if you need something quick. This tunic and be fashioned for dress up of dress down wear. My sister wore it to a club.

Conclusion:
I needed something quick and sassy for a night of club hopping, especially since my sis asked me last minute to make her something. She asked me around lunch time after lunchtime and my 8pm she was putting on her top right off the machine..lol.. I swear I think the machine's needle was still hot! She loved it and it matches the leggings, I also made for her that day, perfectly. I'm sorry there are any detailed pics, but as I said she was wearing the top before I put my label in it :-)


DSC01188 DSC01199
DSC01195

---------------------------------
Mccall 5512 legging

Pattern Description:
Lined, loose fitting, A-line dress, 5" above mid-knee, has gathered neckline, back opening and bias turned down collar with button and fabric loops; dress A has cut-in shoulders; dress B has above elbow sleeves with turned back cuffs; leggings, below mid-calf, have elasticized waist and no side seams.

Pattern Sizing:
8-16; I used a 10 for my sister

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
very much

Were the instructions easy to follow?
SUPER easy

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I loved that I did It in an hour and a half on all on my serger!

Fabric Used:
wow its a mystery! I got it from walmart 2 years ago! I bout 7 yards! its an awesome stretch lycra something..lol. it has a snake skin pattern on it!

DSC01246


Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made:
none, but next time i make these for my sister I will make adjustments for her booty..lol.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
yes, this pattern will be my TNT pattern for leggings! I love leggings with heels!

DSC01198

2 comments:

Sew Shy said...

Wow, that's awesome fabric. Your sister's outfit looks totally cute! She's lucky to have a sis who sews for her.

toy said...

I think this is very cute!!!

Powered By Blogger