Thursday, August 20, 2009

b5214 and my sister!


DSC00963
Originally uploaded by ldanielle81
Pattern Description:


MISSES JACKET, DRESS AND BELT: Fitted, unlined jacket has collar and lapels, extended shoulders forming cap sleeves and shaped hem. Below mid-knee dress has fitted, self-lined, halter bodice with buttonhole and button closing, flared skirt, left side seam zipper and right side seam pocket. Belt has buckle with prong and eyelets.


DSC00961


Pattern Sizing:


Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes! with the exception that I modified the belt it looked the same!

Were the instructions easy to follow?
easy as pie!

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I love the cut of the halter, its what makes the dress so special. i also love the pocket!

Fabric Used:
a light weight stretch cotton from Vogue fabrics. For the bodice lining I used a remnant of red silk.

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made:
as usual i used an invisi zipper instead. and i made a SBA from my sis. I was running out of time so I did the belt in my own way. I folded over a piece of white fabric and used stiff interfacing and made the long side seam., turned inside out and top stitch 1/4 from the edge in red. I used a pearlized snap closure (same ones I used for the back halter closure)


DSC00962



Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Its on my cutting table to make in my size..lol. This is pattern can easily be dressed up or down depending on your shoe and accessory choice- i highly recommend you try it.

Conclusion:
this is one of the 3 dresses i made last minute for a wedding. It fit in perfectly and then later that night she changed her shoes and wore it to the club...lol. I think i will make the little jacket when i make it for myself....
more pics will be up on my blog....

BTW... im thinking of doing a long topstitch around the halter edge in white - what do you ladies think? do you think it will make the dress look too busy?


DSC00960

7 comments:

Adrienne said...

Cute!!!

KID, MD said...

Looks great! The fit is perfect. I like the idea of topstitching the halter to coordinate with the belt.

'Toya said...

thanks you you guys!

toy said...

so cute, she looks amazing in red

Kristin said...

Great dress! Your sister looks so happy in it; isn't that the best test of a garment's success?

Sewtellme said...

Hi 'Toya. I have been enjoying reading your blog and, as a fellow new blogger, have nominated you for the Kreativ Blogger Award - please drop by my blog to collect it, with my best wishes.

'Toya said...

Hey Kelly

Thank you so much.. I'm about to go check out your blog now!~

Powered By Blogger