Wednesday, August 12, 2009

M5142 wearable muslin


IMAG0171
Originally uploaded by ldanielle81
TOOOOOT TOOOOT....lol.. thats me tooting my own horn!!!!
Ok I love the way my capri's came out! sorry about the cell phone pics, I left my camera at my mom's house.

IMAG0167* First off I made them using M5142 but I didn't like the flare of the patterns capri so I just cut the jean pattern piece to my liking - they are a 'city shorts' kind of length.



IMAG0171

* For some crazy reason I decided to make the low-rise jeans. Umm yeah I don't know what I was thinking, lol! I have a high waist and although I don't have a big belly I don't the fit tummy to wear the low rise of these jeans. In the end I had to compensate the extra width needed by unfolding the waistband.

everything else fits great, they hug my booty and I don't get those crazy crotch smiles. I used my embroidery machince to stitch on a pocket design and I used a jeans buttons for the front..

This pair is my wearable muslin made out of some cheapo non-stretch fabric from Walmart's 1.50$ bin. I'll be making another pair in stretch denim this weekend to submit to the PR contest.

I also finish a baby quilt for a friend of mine --- its uber adorable!!!

IMAG0168

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

WOOHOO! They look great!!!!

KID, MD said...

These look great! I've been wondering about this pattern. Looks like I need it after all!! (Was there ever really a question, though?)

toy said...

look at you doing it up with the jeans, looks great for a wearable muslin

Powered By Blogger