Wednesday, August 12, 2009

S5098 - and frantic sewing!


DSC00453
Originally uploaded by ldanielle81
Pattern Description:
Description: Top A,B,D,E,F have slightly extended shoulders and set-in sleeves. A has short sleeves, mock wrap front, optional appliqué. All views have stand up mandarin collars and close-fitting bodice. B is sleeveless. C has raglan short sleeves with keyhole front with single button closure at base of collar. D has front and rear fitting seams, bust darts, wrap front with buttons and rear zipper closure. E has cap sleeves. F has kimono-like sleeves and frog closures with front and rear fitting seams, wrap front and side slits at hem.

Pattern Sizing:
6-8-10-12 (i used an 8)

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
very much!

Were the instructions easy to follow?
very clear instructions. I cut this out last night and it was finished in time for her to go out in tonight - without me rushing!

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I really like the mock wrap over bodice

Fabric Used:
brocade from JoAnn's

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made:
no alterations were needed, but I did use and invisible zip instead

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
its really cute but I dont think so - but i will definitely keep it in the stash, you never know when i'll need a kimono for Halloween.


Conclusion:
I made this for me sister to where to a dinner with friends and she loves it! I really like the covered buttons and the mandarin collar - so cute. It came together quickly and its the best invisi zip i've dont thus far!




DSC00454 DSC00455 DSC00459 DSC00456




I'm a sewing demon this week! I have two dresses I'm working on for my sister and I for a wedding this weekend and i'm going crazy! It's super easy to fit my sis, so all of the things I make for her just fall into place. My dress on the other hand - HA! The FBA on my dress is killing me, anyone have any ideas?



Lauren's dress in view A



My Dress in view A

2 comments:

KID, MD said...

Oooh, looks awesome! I have this pattern, and now I am even more excited about making it!!

Anonymous said...

The top looks awesome. I don't think the decorative trim was the worst idea your sister could have come up with. Halloween, come onnnnnn. Perfect for cocktails I think.

Powered By Blogger