Thursday, July 23, 2009

b5249


DSC00731
Originally uploaded by ldanielle81
Fabric: Cotton 

Pattern Description:
MISSES SKIRT AND BELT: Skirts A, B, C, D have princess seams, back zipper and high waist. A, C: carriers and self-belt with purchased buckle. B, D: side front pleats and pockets. C, D: self-ruffle. A, B, C, D: mid-knee length.
Pattern Sizing:
14-20 (size 18 used)

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
very much so

Were the instructions easy to follow?very easy, it only took me a few hours

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I LOVE the ruffle that stops at the center front.. really cute!

Fabric Used:
cotton remnant from Haberman fabrics

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made:
The pattern calls from a regular 7-9" zipper, but I used an invisible zipper(take that butterick!..lol). I also shorten the dress about 2.5-3" because I wanted the hem to hit just above my knee (i'm 5'9").

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Most definately! Next time i will use a heavier fabric and maybe a plaid so that the seams and ruffle are more visible

Conclusion:
I love this skirt, it came together with no effort and the fit is great. I cant wait to make view D with the pleats and pockets!





No comments:

Powered By Blogger