Friday, July 24, 2009

B5319


DSC00560
Originally uploaded by ldanielle81
Pattern Description:
MISSES' DRESS AND SASH: Lined dresses A, B, above mid-knee, have semi-fitted, mock wrapped bodice with contrast midriff, left side zipper closure, A-line skirt with side seam pockets. A, B: contrast sash. A: two-piece cap sleeves with gathers. B: sleeveless bodice.

Pattern Sizing:
(8-10-12-14), (16-18-20-22); I used a 20

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
sure did!

Were the instructions easy to follow?
the instructions were really easy, although making my fba on this pattern wasn't (sad face)

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I like the envelope pictures color-splashed dress with contrast black sash! I love all wrapped bodices, they make the 'girls' look great!

Fabric Used:
cotton for the "Vogue" line at Joanns

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made:
I made my usually fba, shortened the shirk about 1.5" and took the lazy route and simply serged the hem. I also didnt use a knit like the pattern says (im a rebel)

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
I would like to if I remember. I really want to find fabric similar to view A and do it in a knit like the pattern calls for.

Conclusion:
I love the way my dress came out, even though I think is meant to be kinda of dressy I like the way you can make it casual with easy going accessories and flats.


DSC00924 DSC00925 DSC00922

No comments:

Powered By Blogger