Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Trial for the PR contest ...... M5142


DSC00937
Originally uploaded by ldanielle81
I've finally convinced myself to enter the PR advanced beginner contest.

I've never sucessfully completed a pair of pants, let alone a zippered front fly - so I figured I'd challenge myself and do a pair of jeans. If I'm going to test myself I might as well go with the scariest sewing thing I can think of (besides BWOF- so cute, so evil).

I've been trying to research pants fit, Pati Palmer's 'Pants for Real People' seems like my best option. For some reason every fracking bookstore in the metro detroit area/burbs is OUT! Even Borders has this book on BACK ORDER. Each and every library in a 25min radius is OUT! I even had my younger brother look at his local library. It was there! but he's too lazy to go pick it up for me...lmao

I'll have to settle for all the online blogging and tests to get it right.

*Mrs. Palmer please make your books available for immediate download on ITunes. If they are a godsend and are flying of bookshelves, I want to read them NOW.

now for pictures of the first day of progress.....


DSC00935 DSC00936 DSC00938

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

This is a great tutorial....
http://www.threadsmagazine.com/item/3831/video-an-easy-flat-fly-front-zipper

Lookin good so far!!!

KID, MD said...

The front looks great! Loving the contrast fly. I can't wait to see them when they are finished!!

toy said...

I'm not into making pants myself so I will be happy to see how great these turn out for you, that is a great tuturial that Adrienne suggested also

Powered By Blogger