Sunday, July 26, 2009

DSC00941


DSC00941
Originally uploaded by ldanielle81
Pattern Description:
MISSES' DRESS AND BELT: Lined dresses A, B, C have front and back darts, back zipper, skirt with front and back darts, back slit. A: gathered collar with self loop. B: slight draped collar. A, B: self-fabric belt with purchased buckle. C: neckline slit, squared armholes and purchased belt. All dress lengths are 2" above mid-knee.

Pattern Sizing:
(6-8-10-12),(14-16-18-20-22), I made my usual 20

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
I made view A, it pretty much looks like the drawing

Were the instructions easy to follow?
When I glanced over them before starting they seemed pretty basic BUT my puppy ate them before I could actually follow them step by step - so I winged it and couldn't use them.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
The draped collar is what sold me!~

Fabric Used:
It's a mystery! I've had it for about 6months now, but I can't remember where I found it. Its very cool, smooth and kind of has a soft feel.

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made:
I modified the entire bodice and the draped collar. I believe my shoulders are a little 'linebacker-ish' so I felt the wide boatneck of the collar would really show them. I brought the entire neck edge and should area in about an inch (sorry no pics, i was frustrated). I also used a SHORTEN length of the collar pattern, so that it doesn't drape as much to compensate for the shoulder modification

I also did my usual FBA, BUT added and extra dart (pic in flickr). For the life of my i couldn't get the arm area to lay flat. I add two identical darts almost parallel to my fba darts and this totally fixed my problem

I didn't use a lining, so I used seem blinding around the arm hole.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
I'd definately recommend, but if your bust is as large as mine (38f) then be prepared to modify this baby. I plan on making view C before the summer is out.

Conclusion:

No comments:

Powered By Blogger